Sunday, November 28, 2010

Turkey,Brie and Apple-Cran Grilled Cheese


If you love grilled cheese but are finding yourself bored of the same old two slices and cheese routine, you'll be pleasantly pleased with this creation! I came across this sandwich while visiting a cute cafe in the GTA and just had to try my hand at it. Turns out it is equally delicious at home as it was at my cozy booth tucked  between students and business men. Only difference? A mildly sloppier presentation, quieter surroundings and fifteen dollars still in my pocket for another day. The mild taste of brie cheese mixed with the sweet and saltiness of fruit and turkey is a mouthwatering mix for your taste buds!

Take two slices of bread, your choice. Sunflower or italian are both tasty choices. Butter both sides and pile on your 'stuffings'. Brie cheese, cranberry [for this recipe I used dried cranberries. A cranberry jam, jelly or even a cran-mayo is a nice touch],sliced apple [Gala or Green are my favorite], and lean turkey. Place frying pan on medium heat and cook sandwich for 3-4 minutes on both sides, or until toasted and cheese has melted. Serve and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment